This pedal is amazing.. The first thing I thought of when checking it out was the movie Spinal Tap, “Listen to the sustain!” With the Swell and Fade functions switched off, the Philosopher King provides transparent optical compression with endless sustain on tap.
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/thedaily/public_html/wp-content/plugins/texttospeech/texttospeech.php on line 233 and defined in /home/thedaily/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
So basically, among other things, this pedal allows you to do really nice volume swells with endless sustain.
Combining the award-winning Philosopher’s Tone circuit with a next generation envelope generator, the Philosopher King takes tone further with a set of ADSR (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release) controls including swell, fade, hold level, speed range, one-shot mode, selectable auto reset,
From Pigtronix studio in NY, Dave “Tone Doctor” Koltai takes you through the Pigtronix Philosopher King pedal providing musical examples and a detailed explanation of each feature.
I couldn’t show this awesome sustain pedal without showing the following clip from Spinal Tap.. enjoy
- Win This Pedal: Pigtronix Philosophers Tone – Limited Edition
- Pedal Review: Ethos Overdrive
- Z. Vex Wah Probe – Pedal Review
- New iPhone Gibson Guitar App
- Guitar Review – Gibson Dusk Tiger
- Guitar Review – Duesenberg
- New Overdrive / Distortion Pedal: Fulltone PlimSoul
- Build Your Own Amp – Video Review – DIY Mod Amp Kit